Saturday, August 2, 2014

Day 139 - Brewerton

Since we were leaving the boat in Brewerton, we had an extra day to clean up.  Captain Randy washed the outside of the boat and I started on the inside.  When the Captain discovered a tear in the sunshade, I went up on the hardtop to sew it back together.  The zipper had separated from the shade on 1 side.  It was pretty awkward sewing as I could not see the underneath side.  Plus, there was no comfortable way to sit and have room for my legs and feet.  Typical boat maintenance! 

The internet was up and down, but I was able to get connected by bringing the computer up near the office.  Once connected, I was able to maintain it long enough to work on the blog.  My Dad finished the book he was reading.


We borrowed the courtesy car again for dinner.  The car worked pretty well except for the air conditioning, so we felt pretty good about that.  The marina told us about DG’s, a family restaurant with great desserts.  We had a variety of entrees and all were good, not gourmet, but good.  My Dad wanted to try a dessert, so Nikki, our waitress, told us what they had.  Not good enough for Dad, who wanted a menu he could look at.   Nikki was very accommodating and brought one over, but she told us it did not have the pies listed as they change every night.  So Dad made her repeat the pie list and then needed another minute to make up his mind.  He settled on banana cream and asked for 3 forks.  Good thing because that piece of pie was huge and delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment